Vehicle Title Transfers

A transfer of title is needed for the following:

  • Cars
  • Trucks
  • Mobile Homes
  • Motorcycles
  • Recreational Vehicles
  • Boats
  • Trailers

Title transfers can be done by:

  • Title & Tag Services
  • Automobile dealers

*We recommend that you telephone the person you select to transfer the title in advance to verify which documents you will need to present.
You will need the following:

  • Title of the vehicle to be transferred
  • Copy of your driver’s license
  • Owners card
  • Proof of death or certified death certificate
  • Proof of insurance coverage on the vehicle
  • Check payable to Commonwealth of PA

You may also need:

  • Copy of the will
  • Short Certificate (can be obtained at the courthouse)