1850 W.W. Smith started an undertaking and cabinet making shop at 34 South Main Street
1896 John E. O'Brien bought the business from Mr. Smith and continued at that same location. Later it was opened by Paul Kraiss and in turn by Maurice J. O'Brien, the son of John.
1933 Arthur & Mildred Bowen purchased the assets of the business from Mr. Maurice O'Brien and relocated the business to 30 South Main Street.
1938 Mr. Fred Hart sold his funeral home to the Bowens. His business was located at 14 Grow Avenue. Mr. Fred Pierce started that funeral home in 1896 at 26 Public Avenue. Former owners of the Hart establishment included Bert Billings and James VanCampen.
1940 The Bowens purchased the current building at 74 Church Street and moved the funeral business there to meet the needs of a community that was asking for more services in the funeral home rather then their individual homes.
1968 Robert & Marie Bartron purchased the business from Mildred Bowen, whose husband, Arthur, had died in December of 1967. In accordance with State Law the name of the funeral home became "Robert A. Bartron Funeral Home".
1997 Gregory & Eileen Myer purchased the business. The Bartrons remained active participants in the business.
2003 The name of the firm was changed to Bartron-Myer Funeral Home, Inc. .